Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Snoopy's Farewell

So all good things must eventually come to an end and my stay here in Samoa is nearly over. Family pressures call me home.

Our Samoan experience has been wonderful, for Margot especially, many of you don’t know her but she has really blossomed since being here.

There have been times when I have said ‘beam me up Scottie’, generally at taxis or packs of dogs or centipedes that want to walk through my living room, some times at Hash when the GM has made me have another ‘down down’ for some minor misdemeanor (incidentally, I hate beer), but mostly I have loved living here. I have loved the climate, the clear and balmy night skies, the warm waters, the snorkeling and swimming, the incredible scenery and sandy beaches, the thunder and lightening storms (scary/cool), and the not working and having time to myself, the opportunity to paint all day if I want.

But what has made living here so great are the people I have met, especially the Hash family I have become apart of, I would like to thank you all for your kindness and for giving me a sense of belonging even when I felt so alien.


Thank-you all for being such good company and companions on the trail. A special thanks to the Snake Pit crew, always supportive and kind, Snakes knowledge of the environment was so helpful in learning to understand my new surroundings. Thanks to the ‘Prettiful Ladies’ (you know who you are) for always being welcoming and ready for a laugh, you made me feel so accepted.

Thank you to all the lovely Hash men who gave me so many good laughs and took their ‘down downs’ like the good Samoans that they are. Thanks to Shumaker for being my Hash buddy, when I had no one to talk to, he was always there, with his beautiful wife and son.

Thanks Godfather for sharing your wonderful resort with us and making us feel at home. Thanks also to Shafter for being the great and magnificent GM that he is and for making me drink so much Vailima, I will never forget the taste. And of course Kiwi for all those well laid runs, thanks for showing we your town. Hash has taken me places I never thought or even dreamt about going, such as rubbish filled river beds in the dry season, steep muddy banks strewn with rotten and moldy logs, following water pipes in the dark and lots of back gardens. It was always an adventure.


I would like to challenge the Apia Hash to come to Napier next year for a run. Think about it and get back to me, I will keep my Samoan email address for awhile yet and will let you know my new one when I get it.
Fa’afetai Fa’afetai Fa’afetai Lava
Snoopy
Aka Snoofy
Aka Angela

1 comment:

  1. Snoofy
    you are sorely missed girl. thanks for the many laughs and the naughty jokes...looking forward to your next cumming
    onon

    ReplyDelete